Radiological Emergency Planning: Terrorism, Security, and Communication
At this Harvard program you will learn to create a comprehensive and integrated radiological emergency plan, develop strategies for communicating effectively with the media and public, and improve their ability to support and assist local, state, and federal agencies during radiological emergencies.
Participants will hear the latest updates from federal and state agencies about:
- Emergency preparedness for terrorist activities
- Lessons learned about how best to communicate with the media and public
- Terrorist incidents involving radioactive materials
- The new US federal framework for Homeland Security
- Updates on emergency preparedness issues for nuclear utilities